Islamtieto.com Foorumin päävalikko
RekisteröidyHakuOhjeKäyttäjälistaKäyttäjäryhmätKirjaudu sisään
Five things you must do to attain Jannat-ul Firdaws

Vastaa viestiin    Islamtieto.com Foorumin päävalikko » Islam Näytä edellinen aihe
Näytä seuraava aihe
Kirjoittaja Viesti
malaika

Lähetä Five things you must do to attain Jannat-ul Firdaws Vastaa lainaamalla viestiä
September 19, 2007 – 11:25 pm
This post is inspired by the first eleven ayaath of Surah Muminoon. Prophet Muhammad said

“In Paradise there are one hundred levels which Allaah has prepared for those who strive in jihad for the sake of Allaah, and the distance between each two levels is like the distance between the heaven and the earth. When you ask of Allaah, ask him for al-Firdaws, for it is in the middle of Paradise, the highest part of Paradise. Above it is the Throne of the Most Merciful and from it spring forth the rivers of Paradise.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari

So apart from praying for this, how about doing the right things to get there. Here are the five things you should do if you seek admission in al-Firdaws.

1. Salah with solemnity and submissiveness: It goes without saying that you need to offer the five daily prayers (at the bare minimum) if you wish to attain success in the hereafter. However, many of us pray but without the true ‘feeling’ of prayer. You must humble yourself before Allah . Try to attain Ihsan, i.e praying as if you see Allah , but if you cannot do this, then pray knowing that he is seeing you. If you want to get the best in Jannah, then your salah has to be the best.

2. Refrain from useless talk: This will include bad and filthy language, slander, back biting, spreading tales, swearing, cursing those who do not deserve to be cursed and the list can go on. Sadly, most Muslims take this very lightly. Remember, you only need to listen to a fool to identify him. So practice good speech. Be conscious of what you’re saying. If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.

3. Pay Zakat: The importance of Zakat can be understood from the fact that it has been coupled with Salah numerous times in the Quran. You may avoid paying taxes to the government, but you cannot hide your non-payment of Zakat from Allah . If you don’t pay now, you’ll pay dearly in the hereafter. Simply realize that Zakat is not your wealth. It is the right of the poor, which Allah has included in your wealth. You need to pay it off. Click here to learn more about the rulings of Zakat.

4. Save yourself from Zina: This is one of the biggest trials of our times. Zina has become very easy. You may think, ‘Uh, I can control myself.’ Think again. Many people who were as confident have fallen in this trap. Just remember that without Allah ’s protection, you are defenseless. It is by his blessing that you are saved from evil. Avoid the Zina of the different body parts such as the eyes, ears, mouth, hands, feet. For instance, the zina of the eyes is looking at haram pictures. The zina of the ears is listening to haram songs that arouse the carnal senses.

5. Be Trustworthy: This is another area where Muslims have earned a bad reputation. My learned readers may already know that Prophet Muhammad was well known for his truthfulness even before Islam. Being well known for your truthfulness is no small feat. Here’s how you can improve. Don’t lie. Don’t cheat in your exams. Don’t steal. If you make a promise, keep it. Honor your statements. If someone entrusts you with something, fulfill your trust. It shouldn’t be too hard to imagine Muslims regaining their reputation for being truthful and trustworthy.

That’s it! Depending on your outlook, this may seem simple or easy. Here’s how I look at it. I form a small check list with these points and do some introspection (being honest with myself of course! ) If I find myself slipping in a certain area, I take extra care to improve in that area. You are your best judge. Keep this list with you always and keep checking yourself.

Finally, I urge you to read the translation of the meaning of the verses and also make dua that Allah does indeed admit us all in to Al-Firdaws. Ameen!

Lähde: http://islamblog.org/2007/09/19/five-things-you-must-do-to-attain-jannat-ul-firdaws/
Tii Syy 25, 2007 3:04 pm Näytä käyttäjän tiedot Lähetä yksityinen viesti MSN Messenger
Näytä edelliset viestit:    
Vastaa viestiin    Islamtieto.com Foorumin päävalikko » Islam Kaikki ajat ovat GMT + 2 tuntia
Sivu 1 Yht. 1

Siirry: 
Et voi kirjoittaa uusia viestejä tässä foorumissa
Et voi vastata viesteihin tässä foorumissa
Et voi muokata viestejäsi tässä foorumissa
Et voi poistaa viestejäsi tässä foorumissa
Et voi äänestää tässä foorumissa